2017 Ford Explorer
2017 Ford Explorer OVERVIEW
2017 Ford Explorer For Sale
Starting at :
- 2.3L EcoBoost® Engine. Efficient Power
- AdvanceTrac® with RSC®
- BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert
- SYNC® 3
2017 Ford Explorer MODELS
Ford Explorer For Sale
Ford Explorer PERFORMANCE
2.3L EcoBoost® Engine. Efficient Power
The available 2.3L EcoBoost® engine produces 280 hp and provides 310 lb.-ft. of torque.68 It has a twin-scroll low-inertia turbocharger that separates the exhaust pulses from pairs of cylinders, enabling quicker turbine spin-up, enhanced acceleration responsiveness and efficiency.
Three Ways To Take Your Driving in Adventurous New Directions
It takes more than just great looks to keep the adventurous legacy of Explorer alive. It also takes smart design and engineering, plus an available Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System.™ Standard equipment includes AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ and Curve Control. The interior offers an available class-exclusive PowerFold® third-row seat* and second-row bucket seats.
It Says "Confident" Inside and Out
The 2017 Ford Explorer offers three powerful engines plus available Trailer Tow Packages and Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™ to help give you confidence on the road or off. Inside you'll find plenty of room for passengers, cargo, equipment or anything else you might need as you head out on your various journeys of discovery.
2017 Explorer APPEARANCE
Ford Explorer COMFORT
Platinum Model. Unique Looks, Style and Comfort.
Explorer Platinum grabs attention with a distinctive grille with satin-chrome finish, dual integrated chrome exhaust tips and 20-inch bright-machined wheels with dark-painted Pockets. The interior is just as impressive with the standard dual-panel moonroof, unique Nirvana leather with micro-perforation and quilted inserts. On cold mornings, your passengers will enjoy the heated second-row bucket seats. Also standard is a heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with real wood accent and unique stitching.
With SYNC 3, You Can Enjoy All Of The SYNC® Features, Plus Our Next Generation of Voice-Activated Technology.
- Smart hardware meets smart software with an easy-to-read color touchscreen
- Experience quick reactions to your commands
- Capacitive touchscreen features impressive responsiveness such as the convenient swipe feature
- Talk with real-world voice commands
- Locate your favorite restaurants with simple destination entry via the optional navigation
- Bring the power of Siri® Eyes Free and your iPhone® into your vehicle
Ford Explorer ACCESSORIES
2017 Ford Explorer SAFETY & WARRANTY
Curve Control will slow you down as much as 10 mph in approximately one second when it senses that you’re going too fast for a particular curve. Employing throttle reduction and four-wheel braking, it’s always active in helping you maintain control around curves. Also, it functions on dry or wet pavement and is particularly useful when you’re entering or exiting freeway off- or on-ramps with too much speed. Curve Control, standard on all Explorer models, is an enhancement to AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control.™
AdvanceTrac® with RSC®
Standard AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®) uses two gyroscopic sensors to monitor both yaw rate and roll rate. This allows AdvanceTrac with RSC to help you maintain control whenever it detects wheelslip, understeer, oversteer or roll motion. It also helps maintain control on adverse road conditions such as ice, gravel or rain. AdvanceTrac with RSC also features Curve Control, which will slow the vehicle down when it senses that it’s going too fast for a particular curve.
BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) uses radar in the rear quarter panels to identify a vehicle entering your blind spot and alerts you with an indicator light in the sideview mirror. Cross-traffic alert also uses radar to watch for traffic behind you when you’re slowly backing out of a parking spot or your driveway. If it detects a vehicle approaching from up to 15 yards away, it sends an audible warning, and an indicator light flashes in the sideview mirror and a display in the message center. BLIS® with cross-traffic alert is available on the XLT, Limited and Sport, and standard on Platinum models.
1. Starting MSRP excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Optional equipment not included. Starting A, Z and X Plan price is for qualified, eligible customers and excludes document fee, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Not all vehicles qualify for A, Z or X Plan. Price ranges based on MSRP on base model to top model and do not include optional equipment not included on those models, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title or registration.
2. EPA-estimated city/hwy mpg for the model indicated. See fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy of other engine/transmission combinations. Actual mileage will vary. On plug-in hybrid models and electric models, fuel economy is stated in MPGe. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
3. When properly equipped.
4. Option/Package price based on Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price excluding taxes based on 5% APR Ford credit financing financed over 60 months. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit financing.
5. The Estimated Selling Price of vehicle less cash back, rebates, and net trade in allowance. It does not include amounts for fees, sales tax, service contracts, etc. Consult your dealer for actual price and complete details.
6. Special APR offers applied to Estimated Selling Price. Special APR offers require Ford Credit Financing. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.
7. Special Lease offers applied to Estimated Capitalized Cost. Special Lease offers require Ford Credit Financing. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.
8. See your dealer for details.
9. Option/Package price based on A, Z, or X Plan price for qualified, eligible A, Z, or X Plan customers excluding taxes based on 5% APR Ford credit financing financed over 60 months. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit financing.
10. Driver Assist Features (BLIS, cross traffic alert, collision warning, active park assist, adaptive cruise control, and rear view camera) are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.
15. Classes are: Compact Cars (Fiesta); Small Sedans and Hatchbacks (Focus); Midsize Sedans (Fusion); Full-Size Sedans (Taurus); RWD Sports Cars (Mustang); Small Utilities (Escape); Midsize Utilities (Edge); Large Utilities (Flex and Explorer); Extended Utilities (Expedition); Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR, Non-Hybrid (F-150); Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR (Super Duty).
16. EPA-estimated Fiesta SE with SFE Package; Focus SE with SFE Package. Actual mileage may vary. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
17. Excludes models with SYNC with MyFord Touch.
18. Only on vehicles equipped with SYNC with MyFord Touch.
19. See fueleconomy.gov.
20. For Dealer Ordered vehicles, the vehicle has already been ordered by the dealer and is in the process of being manufactured by the factory. If you are interested in the vehicle marked "Dealer Ordered", contact the dealership for a delivery estimate.
21. On the F-750
22. Based on Ford drive-cycle tests of comparably equipped 2011/2012 Ford and 2011/2012 competitive models. Class is Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
27. SYNC is an optional feature. Features/functionality vary by vehicle/model. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC/MyFord Touch/other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Message and data rates may apply. Optional Navigation system map updates cannot be received via wi-fi and require a separate update.
28. The vehicle's electrical system (including the battery), the wireless service provider's signal and a connected mobile phone must all be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly. These systems may become damaged in a crash. The paired mobile phone must be connected to SYNC, and the 911 Assist feature enabled, in order for 911 to be dialed. When the feature is ON, 911 Assist uses your paired and connected mobile phone to assist occupants to contact emergency services by dialing 911 if your airbag deploys or, on certain vehicles, if the emergency fuel pump shut-off is activated.
34. Optional. SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Traffic and Travel Link subscriptions sold separately or as a package after trial expires. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link service available in select markets. Subscriptions are governed by SiriusXM Customer Agreement; see www.siriusxm.com. Sirius U.S. Satellite Service available in the 48 contiguous states and D.C. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
36. Optional Ford Work Solutions. Available on F-Series, E-Series, Transit Connect and Super Duty. Some features unavailable while driving.
39. Remember that even advanced technology cannot overcome the laws of physics. It's always possible to lose control of a vehicle due to inappropriate driver input for the conditions.
42. Based on analysis of data published by EPA, 11/10. Actual mileage may vary.
43. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iPhone® is a registered trademarks of Apple Inc. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
48. You must have a Bluetooth®-enabled phone paired to your SYNC system. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp. iPad®, iPod®, iTunes®, iPhone®, and Siri® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. The term Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®. Sony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation.
49. Only on vehicles with SYNC® with MyFord Touch® with voice activated Navigation system or SYNC with hard drive-based voice activated Navigation system. Commands may vary by model year.
52. Google Maps is a trademark of Google, Inc. MapQuest is a trademark of AOL Inc.
53. PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. Used with permission. iHeartAuto is a registered trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. Slacker® is a registered trademark of Slacker®, Inc. Stitcher Smart Radio is a registered trademark of Stitcher, Inc. NPR and the NPR logo are registered trademarks of National Public Radio, Inc. Used with permission. Gracenote is a registered trademark of Gracenote, Inc.
63. SYNC® AppLink™ is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch. Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software.
64. 20 Operator Assist sessions included with each one-year paid/complimentary SYNC Services subscription. Fees apply for additional sessions. See syncmyride.com.
67. EPA-estimated 17 city/25 hwy/20 combined mpg, AWD. Actual mileage may vary. Figures achieved using premium unleaded gasoline.
68. Achieved with premium fuel.
129. SYNC Services varies by trim level and model year and may require a subscription. Traffic alerts and turn-by-turn directions available in select markets. Message and data rates may apply. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to change or discontinue this product service at any time without prior notification or incurring any future obligation.
159. All prices are manufactures suggested retail prices and exclude destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Optional equipment not included. Prices may not reflect all equipment shown in images. Dealers are the best source for up-to-date pricing.
160. 160 Models produced or recalibrated after 7/8/2013. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations.