2016 Ford Transit
2016 Ford Transit OVERVIEW
2016 Ford Transit For Sale
2016 Ford Transit MODELS
Transit Wagon XL
Transit Wagon XLT
Ford Transit For Sale
Ford Transit PERFORMANCE
MODEL CONFIGURATIONS AND CAPACITIES
Transit does everything from hauling cargo to carrying people.
- Cargo van and wagon models available in three roof heights (low, medium, high) and three body lengths (regular, long, long/extended length)
- High-roof van and wagon models accommodate a passenger standing 6 ft. 5 in.
- Cargo van GVWR range: 8,600 lbs. (single rear wheels) to 10,360 lbs. (dual rear wheels)
- Cargo van payload range: 3,060 lbs. (single rear wheels) to 4,560 lbs. (dual rear wheels)
TESTED AND BUILT FORD TOUGH.
Seven million customer-equivalent miles of brutal testing in the making.
- Exhaustive testing in labs and proving grounds, on roads and highways, at temperature extremes from -40 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Trucks driven by robots at our Michigan Proving Grounds facility to conduct tests that would be too strenuous for human drivers over an extended period of time, or compressing years of daily abuse into a mere few months
2016 Transit APPEARANCE
Ford Transit COMFORT
Customize your Ford Transit.Visit transitupfits.com and Fordtoughtruck.com for more info.
- 12 upfitters conveniently located within 30 miles of the Transit assembly plant in Kansas City, MO
- Wide array of available customizable cargo management options
- Storage cabinets, dividers, drawers and more
Passenger Wagon Seating
The regular-wheelbase Transit with low or medium roof comes in a standard 8- or available 10-passenger model. The Transit Passenger Wagon long-wheelbase model, available in low, medium or high roof, provides standard 12- or available 15-passenger seating. And there’s the long-wheelbase dual-rear-wheel 15-passenger wagon with extended body and high roof, which comes with the industry’s first five-row side-curtain airbag* and provides best-in-class** 100.5 cu. ft. of cargo space behind the last row. Aisle seating is also standard on Transit 10-, 12- and 15-passenger wagons.
Ford Transit ACCESSORIES
2016 Ford Transit SAFETY & WARRANTY
New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Bumper to Bumper: 3-Years/36,000 Miles • Powertrain: 5-Years/60,000 Miles • Corrosion: 5-Years/Unlimted Miles • Hybrid/Electric Drivetrain Components: 8-Years/100,000 Miles • Roadside Assistance: 5-Years/60,000 Miles
Technology that enhances convenience and safety.
- Standard rear view camera10 with trailer hitch assist: transmits an image of what's behind you to your mirror - or to the available multifunction display on the center dash; multicolored guidelines help line up your trailer hitch with the receiver
- Available MyKey:® help encourage drivers to drive responsibly by programming MyKey to keep certain safety features activated, limit vehicle top speeds and decrease audio volume
- Available lane-keeping alert: 10 the steering wheel vibrates to warn you when you're drifting out of your lane; driver-alert feature senses lane drifts over time and signals you to pull over and take a break
Safety is always the top priority.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®)
- Trailer sway control (included in the Trailer Wiring Provisions Package)
- Driver and passenger front airbags*
- Side airbags
- Safety Canopy® side-curtain airbags on all variants
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (SRW only)