2015 Ford Explorer
2015 Ford Explorer OVERVIEW
2015 Ford Explorer For Sale
Starting at :
- Seats up to seven comfortably
- Up to 80.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- Tow up to 5,000 lbs. with the Class III Trailer Tow Package
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™
2015 Ford Explorer MODELS
Ford Explorer For Sale
Ford Explorer PERFORMANCE
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
The ultimate in Explorer performance and handling.
- Available 3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- Twin turbocharging and direct injection for V8 power plus the fuel economy of a V6*
- Best-in-class 365 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque**
- 6-speed SelectShift Automatic® with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for manual gear changing
- Sport-tuned suspension engineered for tight handling and stability
*EPA-estimated rating of 16 city/22 hwy/18 combined mpg. 3.5L EcoBoost, 4WD. Actual mileage will vary. **Using 93-octane fuel. Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid.
Available 2.0L EcoBoost® Engine
The efficiency of a 4-cylinder and V6-like performance.
- Best-in-class highway fuel economy*
- 240 horsepower** and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
- Direct injection and single turbocharger
- Twin independent variable cam timing
*EPA-estimated rating of 20 city/28 hwy/23 combined mpg. 2.0L EcoBoost®, FWD. Actual mileage will vary. Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid. **Using 93-octane fuel.
Available Terrain Management System™
Dial in specific terrain settings to maximize performance.
- Included on vehicles equipped with available Intelligent 4WD
- Simple-to-use shift-on-the-fly settings: Normal, Mud/Ruts, Sand, Grass/Gravel/Snow
- Confidence and traction in all conditions
- Hill Descent Control™ regulates speed on steep declines; also included with Intelligent 4WD
3.5L Ti-VCT V6
Enjoy power without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
- Impressive fuel economy*
- Unsurpassed 290 horsepower among standard V6 engines in its class**
- 255 lb.-ft. of torque
- Twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) technology
- 6-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission
*EPA-estimated rating of 17 city/24 hwy/20 combined mpg, FWD. Actual mileage will vary. **Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid.
2015 Explorer APPEARANCE
Equipped with the Class III Trailer Tow Package, the Explorer has a towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds. The Explorer XLT shown in Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat with 18-inch painted aluminum wheels.
The Explorer Limited in Caribou with standard 20-inch painted aluminum wheels and available Ford Accessory crossbars.
The Explorer Limited in White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat with optional 20-inch polished aluminum wheels and optional equipment.
Ford Explorer COMFORT
From the feel of real wood on the steering wheel to the awe-inspiring look of the digital instrument cluster, this interior truly lives up to the name Platinum. Get out in style and comfort with the unique Nirvana leather with perforated and quilted seats – it’s available in Ceramic and Ebony. And to take your adventures to a luxurious new level, just slip behind the leather-wrapped heated wood steering wheel, open wide the dual-panel moonroof and then turn up the 500-watt Audio System from Sony.® They’re all standard.
Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
Available voice-activated SYNC® technology helps keep you connected to your world while you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.27 Once your phone is paired to the system, SYNC® takes your connections to the next level.
Once your phone is paired to the system, SYNC® takes your connections to the next level.
- Stay in touch with hands-free calling
- Stay entertained with voice-activated commands
- Stay assured with 911 Assist®
Ford Explorer ACCESSORIES
2015 Ford Explorer SAFETY & WARRANTY
Available Inflatable 2nd-Row Outboard Safety Belts
Helps reduce the risk of injury while providing support to the head and neck.
- Helps reduce chest and rib cage injuries
- Enhanced safety for rear-seat passengers of all ages
- 2nd-row outboard seating positions
- Compatible with child safety seats
- Available on the XLT, Limited and Sport models
Available Lane-Keeping System
Customizable, driver-activated system to help you stay in control.*
- Camera detects lane markings and communicates with the steering system
- Lane-keeping alert mode: drift too close to a lane marker and a vibration is sent to the steering wheel
- Lane-keeping aid mode: provides a directional steering torque, helping you guide your vehicle back to the lane
- Use either the lane-keeping alert or aid mode - or combine them, receiving a steering torque first, followed if necessary by a vibration alert if you continue drifting
- Included Driver Aid System can detect erratic vehicle movements over a period of time, indicating possible drowsiness; coffee cup displays, signaling it may be time to rest
- Available on Explorer Limited
*Lane-Keep System does not control steering. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgment.
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
Helpful alerts while you're driving or backing up.*
- BLIS® alerts you to a vehicle in a blind spot zone with an indicator light in the sideview mirror
- Cross-traffic alert signals you to traffic behind you when you're slowly backing out of a parking spot or your driveway
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgment.
1. Starting MSRP excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Optional equipment not included. Starting A, Z and X Plan price is for qualified, eligible customers and excludes document fee, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Not all vehicles qualify for A, Z or X Plan. Price ranges based on MSRP on base model to top model and do not include optional equipment not included on those models, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title or registration.
2. EPA-estimated city/hwy mpg for the model indicated. See fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy of other engine/transmission combinations. Actual mileage will vary. On plug-in hybrid models and electric models, fuel economy is stated in MPGe. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
3. When properly equipped.
4. Option/Package price based on Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price excluding taxes based on 5% APR Ford credit financing financed over 60 months. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit financing.
5. The Estimated Selling Price of vehicle less cash back, rebates, and net trade in allowance. It does not include amounts for fees, sales tax, service contracts, etc. Consult your dealer for actual price and complete details.
6. Special APR offers applied to Estimated Selling Price. Special APR offers require Ford Credit Financing. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.
7. Special Lease offers applied to Estimated Capitalized Cost. Special Lease offers require Ford Credit Financing. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.
8. See your dealer for details.
9. Option/Package price based on A, Z, or X Plan price for qualified, eligible A, Z, or X Plan customers excluding taxes based on 5% APR Ford credit financing financed over 60 months. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit financing.
10. Driver Assist Features (BLIS, cross traffic alert, collision warning, active park assist, adaptive cruise control, and rear view camera) are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.
15. Classes are: Compact Cars (Fiesta); Small Sedans and Hatchbacks (Focus); Midsize Sedans (Fusion); Full-Size Sedans (Taurus); RWD Sports Cars (Mustang); Small Utilities (Escape); Midsize Utilities (Edge); Large Utilities (Flex and Explorer); Extended Utilities (Expedition); Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR, Non-Hybrid (F-150); Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR (Super Duty).
16. EPA-estimated Fiesta SE with SFE Package; Focus SE with SFE Package. Actual mileage may vary. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
17. Excludes models with SYNC with MyFord Touch.
18. Only on vehicles equipped with SYNC with MyFord Touch.
19. See fueleconomy.gov.
20. For Dealer Ordered vehicles, the vehicle has already been ordered by the dealer and is in the process of being manufactured by the factory. If you are interested in the vehicle marked "Dealer Ordered", contact the dealership for a delivery estimate.
21. On the F-750
22. Based on Ford drive-cycle tests of comparably equipped 2011/2012 Ford and 2011/2012 competitive models. Class is Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
27. SYNC is an optional feature. Features/functionality vary by vehicle/model. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC/MyFord Touch/other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Message and data rates may apply. Optional Navigation system map updates cannot be received via wi-fi and require a separate update.
28. The vehicle's electrical system (including the battery), the wireless service provider's signal and a connected mobile phone must all be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly. These systems may become damaged in a crash. The paired mobile phone must be connected to SYNC, and the 911 Assist feature enabled, in order for 911 to be dialed. When the feature is ON, 911 Assist uses your paired and connected mobile phone to assist occupants to contact emergency services by dialing 911 if your airbag deploys or, on certain vehicles, if the emergency fuel pump shut-off is activated.
34. Optional. SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Traffic and Travel Link subscriptions sold separately or as a package after trial expires. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link service available in select markets. Subscriptions are governed by SiriusXM Customer Agreement; see www.siriusxm.com. Sirius U.S. Satellite Service available in the 48 contiguous states and D.C. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
36. Optional Ford Work Solutions. Available on F-Series, E-Series, Transit Connect and Super Duty. Some features unavailable while driving.
39. Remember that even advanced technology cannot overcome the laws of physics. It's always possible to lose control of a vehicle due to inappropriate driver input for the conditions.
42. Based on analysis of data published by EPA, 11/10. Actual mileage may vary.
43. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iPhone® is a registered trademarks of Apple Inc. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
48. You must have a Bluetooth®-enabled phone paired to your SYNC system. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp. iPad®, iPod®, iTunes®, iPhone®, and Siri® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. The term Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®. Sony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation.
49. Only on vehicles with SYNC® with MyFord Touch® with voice activated Navigation system or SYNC with hard drive-based voice activated Navigation system. Commands may vary by model year.
52. Google Maps is a trademark of Google, Inc. MapQuest is a trademark of AOL Inc.
53. PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. Used with permission. iHeartAuto is a registered trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. Slacker® is a registered trademark of Slacker®, Inc. Stitcher Smart Radio is a registered trademark of Stitcher, Inc. NPR and the NPR logo are registered trademarks of National Public Radio, Inc. Used with permission. Gracenote is a registered trademark of Gracenote, Inc.
63. SYNC® AppLink™ is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch. Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software.
64. 20 Operator Assist sessions included with each one-year paid/complimentary SYNC Services subscription. Fees apply for additional sessions. See syncmyride.com.
67. EPA-estimated 17 city/25 hwy/20 combined mpg, AWD. Actual mileage may vary. Figures achieved using premium unleaded gasoline.
68. Achieved with premium fuel.
129. SYNC Services varies by trim level and model year and may require a subscription. Traffic alerts and turn-by-turn directions available in select markets. Message and data rates may apply. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to change or discontinue this product service at any time without prior notification or incurring any future obligation.
159. All prices are manufactures suggested retail prices and exclude destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Optional equipment not included. Prices may not reflect all equipment shown in images. Dealers are the best source for up-to-date pricing.
160. 160 Models produced or recalibrated after 7/8/2013. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations.