2015 Ford Explorer
2015 Ford Explorer OVERVIEW
2015 Ford Explorer For Sale
- Seats up to seven comfortably
- Up to 80.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- Tow up to 5,000 lbs. with the Class III Trailer Tow Package
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™
2015 Ford Explorer MODELS
Ford Explorer For Sale
Ford Explorer PERFORMANCE
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
The ultimate in Explorer performance and handling.
- Available 3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- Twin turbocharging and direct injection for V8 power plus the fuel economy of a V6*
- Best-in-class 365 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque**
- 6-speed SelectShift Automatic® with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for manual gear changing
- Sport-tuned suspension engineered for tight handling and stability
*EPA-estimated rating of 16 city/22 hwy/18 combined mpg. 3.5L EcoBoost, 4WD. Actual mileage will vary. **Using 93-octane fuel. Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid.
Available 2.0L EcoBoost® Engine
The efficiency of a 4-cylinder and V6-like performance.
- Best-in-class highway fuel economy*
- 240 horsepower** and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
- Direct injection and single turbocharger
- Twin independent variable cam timing
*EPA-estimated rating of 20 city/28 hwy/23 combined mpg. 2.0L EcoBoost®, FWD. Actual mileage will vary. Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid. **Using 93-octane fuel.
Available Terrain Management System™
Dial in specific terrain settings to maximize performance.
- Included on vehicles equipped with available Intelligent 4WD
- Simple-to-use shift-on-the-fly settings: Normal, Mud/Ruts, Sand, Grass/Gravel/Snow
- Confidence and traction in all conditions
- Hill Descent Control™ regulates speed on steep declines; also included with Intelligent 4WD
3.5L Ti-VCT V6
Enjoy power without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
- Impressive fuel economy*
- Unsurpassed 290 horsepower among standard V6 engines in its class**
- 255 lb.-ft. of torque
- Twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) technology
- 6-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission
*EPA-estimated rating of 17 city/24 hwy/20 combined mpg, FWD. Actual mileage will vary. **Class is Large Utilities, Non-Hybrid.
2015 Explorer APPEARANCE
Equipped with the Class III Trailer Tow Package, the Explorer has a towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds. The Explorer XLT shown in Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat with 18-inch painted aluminum wheels.
The Explorer Limited in Caribou with standard 20-inch painted aluminum wheels and available Ford Accessory crossbars.
The Explorer Limited in White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat with optional 20-inch polished aluminum wheels and optional equipment.
Ford Explorer COMFORT
From the feel of real wood on the steering wheel to the awe-inspiring look of the digital instrument cluster, this interior truly lives up to the name Platinum. Get out in style and comfort with the unique Nirvana leather with perforated and quilted seats – it’s available in Ceramic and Ebony. And to take your adventures to a luxurious new level, just slip behind the leather-wrapped heated wood steering wheel, open wide the dual-panel moonroof and then turn up the 500-watt Audio System from Sony.® They’re all standard.
Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
Available voice-activated SYNC® technology helps keep you connected to your world while you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.27 Once your phone is paired to the system, SYNC® takes your connections to the next level.
Once your phone is paired to the system, SYNC® takes your connections to the next level.
- Stay in touch with hands-free calling
- Stay entertained with voice-activated commands
- Stay assured with 911 Assist®
Ford Explorer ACCESSORIES
2015 Ford Explorer SAFETY & WARRANTY
New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Bumper to Bumper: 3-Years/36,000 Miles • Powertrain: 5-Years/60,000 Miles • Corrosion: 5-Years/Unlimted Miles • Hybrid/Electric Drivetrain Components: 8-Years/100,000 Miles • Roadside Assistance: 5-Years/60,000 Miles
Available Inflatable 2nd-Row Outboard Safety Belts
Helps reduce the risk of injury while providing support to the head and neck.
- Helps reduce chest and rib cage injuries
- Enhanced safety for rear-seat passengers of all ages
- 2nd-row outboard seating positions
- Compatible with child safety seats
- Available on the XLT, Limited and Sport models
Available Lane-Keeping System
Customizable, driver-activated system to help you stay in control.*
- Camera detects lane markings and communicates with the steering system
- Lane-keeping alert mode: drift too close to a lane marker and a vibration is sent to the steering wheel
- Lane-keeping aid mode: provides a directional steering torque, helping you guide your vehicle back to the lane
- Use either the lane-keeping alert or aid mode - or combine them, receiving a steering torque first, followed if necessary by a vibration alert if you continue drifting
- Included Driver Aid System can detect erratic vehicle movements over a period of time, indicating possible drowsiness; coffee cup displays, signaling it may be time to rest
- Available on Explorer Limited
*Lane-Keep System does not control steering. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgment.
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
Helpful alerts while you're driving or backing up.*
- BLIS® alerts you to a vehicle in a blind spot zone with an indicator light in the sideview mirror
- Cross-traffic alert signals you to traffic behind you when you're slowly backing out of a parking spot or your driveway
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgment.